Easy to make Korean pork belly lettuce wrap - suyuk recipe (also known as bossam). Using either pork belly or pork shoulder for lesser fat, that's juicy, yummy, and healthy!
- 3 lb Pork Belly (or pork shoulder)
- 1/4 cup Doengjang (Korean fermented soy bean paste) or miso paste
- 1 onion peeled and halved
- 2 tbs of Mirin
- 2 green onions trimmed and halved
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 2 inch ginger sliced thinly (I didn't have it at the time so I skipped it)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves (I didn't have it at the time so I skipped it)
- 6 cups water (until the ingredients are submerged in water)
- In a large pot, place your pork belly (or pork shoulder) and the rest of the ingredients
- Bring the water to boil and once boiling reduce the heat to low-medium and cook the pork for about 40 minutes until tender / If using Instapot, cook under 'manual' mode, at high pressure for 20 minutes. Natural pressure release (NPR) for 10 minutes before VENTING the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the pork and allow it to cool. Slice the pork and serve*
*If not eating right away, let the pork belly cool in the liquid. Then remove and slice into thin strips. This will ensure moist pork belly. If this is not possible, keep pork belly in the liquid until just ready to serve.
Keywords: Korean Pork Belly Lettuce Wrap