Delicious sweet and salty Asian pasta salad with asian soy sauce dressing!
Asian Salad Soy Sauce Dressing:
- 3 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 1.5 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP Sesame Oil
- 2 TBSP Sugar
- 1 TBSP Oyster Sauce
*Optional 2 TBSP Vinegar (I haven't added because my son doesn't like it, but feel free to add this!). Add sesame sees (1 tbs) if you want to add a bit more nuttiness to it!
Asian Pasta Salad Other Ingredients**:
- 2 cups of penne pasta - can use other types of pasta to your liking. I also love to use spaghetti pasta but spirals or bowties work well too!
- 1 package of mixed baby spring mix or baby spinach
- 10-15 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 of english cucumber (or 2 Persian cucumber) diced into four
- 1 cup of frozen edamame
- boiled (or grilled) chicken breast or chicken thighs (or any other protein)
**Optional 1 cup of cooked quinoa for added texture and nutrients
- In a large pot, boil water to cook pasta of your choice. Cook based on the directions on the packaging (make it al dante).
- Optional: If cooking the edamame or green peas, add the frozen vegetables into the pot pasta is cooking 4 minutes before pasta is all cooked
- Optional: If cooking chicken, put chicken on a baking sheet and sprinkle the seasoning on top. Cook at 375 F for 23 minutes until fully cooked. (chicken is fully cooked if poked and the temperature measures over 165 F)
- While pasta is cooking, in a large bowl, put together chopped vegetables (cucumbers and tomatoes) and spinach or baby spring mix
- In a small bowl, put together the ingredients for dressing and mix well
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and cool with cold water.
- Mix pasta in the large bowl where the veggies are. Add dressings on top and mix well.
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy!
- Edamame - you can substitute this with frozen green peas
- Protein - I like using chicken for my dishes since they are so easy to just throw into air fryer and grill. You can sprinkle chicken with chicken seasoning and just cook!
- Sugar - If you don't like adding sugar, you can substitute it with maple syrup!
Keywords: Asian Pasta Salad