This is the easiest and healthiest imitation crab recipes with rice! In our home, we call this dish imitation crab rice balls or seaweed wrap. It's a homemade california rolls or similar to imitation crab onigiri (or kani onigiri in Japanese), except that I do think this recipe is so much easier to make, and much healthier with additional vegetables.
My kids love this meal, my husband loves this imitation crab recipes with rice, and I cannot be happier when my family eats well the stuff I’ve cooked. Along with Tuna onigiri (kimbap triangle) that I like to make as quick meal for my kids, this is another go-to recipe as a busy weeknight dinner. So here you go, the simplest and healthiest dinner or lunch you can whip up, rice imitation crab recipe.
If you want to watch the video of how I made this, you can watch it here. It’s really a quick 20 minute dinner you can whip up.Print
Quick 15 minute imitation crab recipes with rice! This is amazingly easy to put together and healthy for all family members. A twist on crab onigiri or california roll that you can put together for a busy weeknight dinner!
- Cucumbers (1 Persian cucumbers or English Cucumbers)
- Kewpie Mayo 2 TBSP
- Avocados 1
- Rice 3 Cups
- Radish Sprouts 1 pack
- Tobiko (Optional)
- Sesame Oil 2 TBSP
- Toasted Seaweed 1 TBSP
- Make rice according to instructions (I like to use Instapot for cooking rice. For 3 cups of of rice, add 2 ¾ cups of water and cook in instapot in high heat for 5 minutes)
- While rice is cooking, wash and chop vegetables.
- Defrost imitation crab and add mayo and mix well
- Once rice is cooked, add sesame oil and salt and mix well
- Lay one piece of toasted seaweed and put rice, imitation crab and other vegetables
- Wrap all the ingredients and enjoy!
Variations: Imitation Crab - Instead of imitation crab, you can use imitation lobster like I have in the picture
Keywords: Imitation crab recipes with rice